What is dandruff?
Our skin needs nourishment to stay healthy and smooth but most of us forget that our scalp is also a part of the skin ironically the scalp needs more nourishment than the rest of the skin; why because it has an extra job of feeding the hair roots as well due to lack of proper care and oil massages the scalp becomes dry and flaky. This is called as dandruff.
Dandruff affects millions of men and women globally causing social embarrassment and self-esteem problems.
Dandruff is a harmless condition in which the shedding of cells occurs at an abnormally faster rate. This is often associated with dry or oily skin.
Presence of oil results in clumping up of flakes to form plaques. Flakes of dandruff are visible and they drop on the shoulders, eyebrows and clothes as a person combs or brush their hair.
Home remedies for dandruff:
This is a very effective home remedy to get rid off dandruff and dry hair. If done regularly this will not only cure dandruff, but also promote hair growth
Things you need:
1. Vitamin E capsules. Vitamin E improves the quality and the texture of the hair. It makes the hair shiny and nourished. It also hydrates the scalp and removes dandruff flakes.
2. Yogurt: Take half cup of fresh homemade yogurt as yogurt is an excellent conditioner for scalp. It deeply moisturizes the scalp skin and makes the hair visibly glossy, which is packed with vitamin E and antioxidants that promote hair health. It is also acts as antifungal that fights dandruff.
3. Glycerine oil: It acts as a moisturizer for your hair.
4. Castor oil: Castor oil is the most underrated hair oil ever. It has risen Olek acid and omega-6 essential fatty acid which improves blood circulation to the scalp hence increasing hair growth. It fights scalp infection and dandruff and also reduces split ends and serves as a natural deep conditioner.
5. Fenugreek seeds: It is known for its amazing hair growth and nourishing properties for the scalp. The seeds contain lecithin component that cures dandruff naturally.
Fenugreek is also effective in hair strengthening and controlling hair fall. Fenugreek contains nicotinic acid and proteins that boost hair growth.
Soak around 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds for 8 to 10 hours. Once they have swelled up almost double in size, they will be easy to grind.
Make sure you don’t soak the seeds in too much water as you will be grinding them in the same water. Too much water will make the mask too runny and less effective.
6. Egg: The last ingredient is an egg. Egg is packed with proteins, vitamin A, vitamin D, Vitamin E, amino acids and fatty acids and much more it is just the best for hair and makes it super shiny and soft.
How to prepare?
- Grind the fenugreek and drop the fenugreek paste into the yogurt.
- Make sure that the yogurt is quite thick or your mask would be all runny and ineffective.
- Whip the paste really good to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Now add 1 tablespoon each of glycerine and castor oil.
- Whip it really well to give the mask a punch of nourishment with vitamin E capsules; use around 4 to 5 capsules.
- Carefully split up the capsules to extract the secretion out.
- Give it all a good mix and now finally break the egg and whip until all the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Once the mask is ready, leave it to rest for 10 minutes like so fenugreek seeds swell and form up after a while making the mask thicker and richer so it’s easier to apply and isn’t runny at all.
- Before applying, brush your hair free of tangles.
- You can use a hair pack brush like so to apply or an old toothbrush for the matter of convenience.
How to apply?
- Dip the brush in the pack and begin application from roots to length.
- Apply thoroughly concentrating on the scalp. Once properly applied, tie your hair up and wear a shower cap.
- Leave it for at least two hours, then shampoo and condition as usual.
- Fenugreek seeds are difficult to remove from wet hair, however, they shed away easily once the hair is dried, so don’t shampoo hard to wash off the fenugreek paste.
How often to repeat this process?
Do this once a week for visible results. This pack also helps in regrowing lost hair.